William Wyatt "Nipper" Pinching (1851-1878) played only once for the national rugby team. In February 1872 he played with England against Scotland. He graduated as a physician at the London Guy's Hospital Medical School and became a surgeon. He died tragically at the age of 27, when he fell overboard from the SS Eldorado and drowned, one day's sail from Sri Lanka's capital Colombo.
Ferdinand Hüppe (1852-1938) played football with an English school team in his native town of Neuwied and he was also a member of the Berlin gymnastic association. In 1890 he founded the Zentralausschuss für Jugend- und Volksspiele and in 1896 he was umpire during the first Olympic Games in Athens. Two years later he co-founded the Deutschen Sportbehörde für Athletik, which would later become the German Athletics Association. From 1900 to 1904 he was the first president of the German Soccer Association. He graduated in medicine at the Berlin Friedrich Wilhelm Institute and in 1885 he built the Bacteriology Department at the Chemischen Institut Fresenius of Wiesbaden. In 1889 he was appointed professor at the Hygienic Institute in Prague, where he remained until his retirement in 1912.
During his studies, Edward Beadon Turner (1854-1931) joined the St. George Hospital rugby team in London and he received three caps for England’s national team. After his studies in Medicine, he took up a private practice near Hyde Park in London. He was board member of many medical organizations and he vociferously fought the nationalization of medicine in Great Britain.
William Augustine Ellison (1855-1917) was educated at Eton College, where he was an outstanding football player, gymnast and rower. He was selected twice for the coxed eights. After finishing secondary school, he moved to Oxford University in 1874, where he was part of the coxed eights that won the contest against Cambridge in 1878. The same year he also won the Silver Globets with Tom Cottingham Edwards-Moss (1855-1893) and in 1880 he won the Grand Challenge Cup with the coxed eights of Leander Club from Berkshire. He graduated in 1882 and went to St George's Hospital where he became a surgeon. In 1888, he was appointed surgeon / apothecary to the Queen Victoria’s household (1819-1901) at Windsor Castle, after which he was appointed consulting physician to King Edward VII (1841-1910) and King George V (1865-1936).